The world's popular tourist place and India's historic monument is going to reopen on September 21 along with Agra Fort. Earlier in March monuments were closed to control the spread of the COVID19 virus.
After World War II and Indo-Pak battle, this was the first incident when monuments we closed for a significant amount of time.
Visitors have to follow bellow guidelines one the monuments reopens:
- Only 5000 visitors will be allowed to enter the premises of the Taj Mahal, 2500 before lunch, and 2500 after lunch. However, Agra Fort will allow only 1300 in the morning and 1200 in the evening
- Thermal scanning of visitors and hand sanitizing will be mandatory.
- Tickets will be sold online. Physical Ticket won't be given
- As per MHA guideline monuments will be sanitized after some periodic interval
- Monuments will be closed on a fixed day in the week for the public. Agra Fort will remain close on Sunday and the Taj Mahal will be closed on Friday and Sunday